As Secretary of a football club, write to the local Town Clerk asking if you can hire one of the councils football pitches for the coming season.
THE IMPS FOOTBALL CLUB
18, VELLAN CRESCENT,
18th August, 200X
The Town Clerk,
Borderham Town Council,
My committee have directed me to apply to you for one of the council’s football pitches for the ensuring season.
Previously, the club has played on a private ground near the Warham Road, but this is now no longer available because it is to be developed for building. The club has endeavoured to secure another pitch, but has failed.
It is fully, realised that you will probably have more applications than you can possible satisf3ç but we appeal for favourable consideration of our application because, unless we can secure one of the council’s pitches, we shall be forced to disband, and since our first team were runners up in the Borderham Senior League, while our second team were champions of the Junior League, the Committee venture to suggest that this would be a serious loss to local football.
I am sure that the management committees of the two leagues would endorse this view.
T. K. Dearmain
Most useful Links
- Download Business Letters, Applications, Jobs Letters, Vocabulary in PDF & Docx
- How to write a Letter to Principal (Samples and Format)
- How to Write Request a Letter (Samples and Format)
- Write a letter to Relatives (Samples and Format)
- Write a letter to friends (samples and format)
- How to write Invitations letter and reply (sample and format)
- Most Useful Business Vocabulary
- Essay or Paragraph for Student
- Good Quotations for Great Use by Famous People
- Common International Shipping Terms
- List of Common Abbreviations in English, Download in PDF
- Sample and format of Job Letters
- Sample and format of Business Letters
- Sample and format of Banking Letters
- Sample and format of Complaint Letters